[gmx-developers] qmm branch

David van der Spoel spoel at xray.bmc.uu.se
Fri Dec 14 11:23:20 CET 2012

On 2012-12-14 11:11, Kubar, Tomas (IPC) wrote:
> Hallo Gerrit and David
>
> I am basically done with DFTB for QM/MM, including PME; I just need to make it work if one has multiple threads.
>
> So, I have just one question: Is anything changing with the QM/MM interface right now?

Yes it is. Any new code can only go into the master branch, and in the
master branch a transfer to C++ is obligatory. We (read: Lee-Ping) are
now working hard to build a framework in C++ for this - from scratch. A
basic layout will be available in some days. The main idea is to split
off quantum package specific code into separate classes. You are of
course welcome to contribute!

The development is being done in a separate branch for now, called qmmm.

What is not clear to me is whether the DFTB code you are working on is
included in gromacs or by using a separate package? Which one in that case?