[gmx-developers] FW: Gromacs quotes

Anton Feenstra k.a.feenstra at vu.nl
Mon Dec 17 10:59:02 CET 2012

Is this why we used to have the 'Explicit content' on the cover of the
manual ;-)

Don't forget the acronyms (bromacs.dat iirc); there is one I put there
with something about Russians and opium that should probably be taken
out too.

FWIW, 'children' refers to child processes, not living (human) beings.
It did seem funny when I put it in so many years ago, but humour depends
so much on context, I agree more caution is needed here.

I do think we should not get too 'politically correct' about this - just
free speech but sensitive about other peoples sensitivities.
If we "eliminate any quotes that can be seen as objectionable" I think
that could become way too strict.

--
Groetjes,

Anton
| / \ / \'| | | IBIVU/Bioinformatics - Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam   |
|(   |   )| | | De Boelelaan 1081 - 1081 HV Amsterdam - Netherlands   |
| \_/ \_/ | | | Tel +31 20 59 87783 - Fax +31 20 59 87653 - Room P136 |
|             | Feenstra at few.vu.nl - www.few.vu.nl/~feenstra/         |
|             | "You Could Be a Shadow" (The Breeders)                |