[gmx-developers] Problems detecting SSE2 on a Xeon Woodcrest with 4.6

Szilárd Páll szilard.pall at cbr.su.se
Thu Dec 20 21:45:23 CET 2012

Hi,

The truth is that we've stopped testing with icc 11, it must have been at
least a year ago when I tried 11.1 last time and got tons of warnings, but
it did compile. The combination of mvapich2 + icc 11.0 might very well not
compile at all.

Is there any particular reason for not using some newer compier/MPI
(OpenMPI + gcc should work well)?

--
Szilárd