[gmx-developers] Minor CMAKE/fftw3 problem VS2010 x64 - finally solved

Szilárd Páll szilard.pall at cbr.su.se
Mon Feb 27 15:57:58 CET 2012

On Mon, Feb 27, 2012 at 3:28 PM, Mirco Wahab
<mirco.wahab at chemie.tu-freiberg.de> wrote:
> Am 27.02.2012 14:49, schrieb Mirco Wahab:
>>
>> Maybe this here is the clue ...
>

> The VC2010 cmake run will, when fed exactly
> with the following options:
>
> cmake -G "Visual Studio 10 Win64"
>      -DFFTW_INCLUDE_DIR=d:/Lib64/include
>      -DFFTW_LIBRARY=d:/Lib64/lib/fftw3f.lib
>      -D__whatever__else__
>      ..\gromacs
>

> cleanly insert the fftw3f dependencies. So, no more
>        FFTW3F_INCLUDE_DIR,
>        FFTW3F_LIBRARIES or
>        GMX_FFTW_LIBRARY
>
> necessary. Maybe this should get included in the
> public build instructions for windows builds.

There is nothing Windows specific about this, the FFTW detection has
been changed recently and the docs have not been up to date. In fact
the CMake documentation needs major revision. For now I've updated the
main CMake docs, but not the Windows specific page.

Otherwise, setting CMAKE_PREFIX_PATH is more straightforward, I assume
it should also work on Windows.

--
Szilárd