[gmx-developers] mpi and thread command line options

Alexey Shvetsov alexxy at omrb.pnpi.spb.ru
Tue Jul 10 23:38:54 CEST 2012

Hi all!

I think -np for number of mpi process and -nth would be good. But how
it will handle situation for example with 48 core node (e.g. 4x opteron
61xx) so it will have 8 numa nodes in one node. Optimal situation may be
(in case we have more then one interconnect port per platform) to run
one mpi process per numa node (total 8 mpi processe) and 6 omp threades
per numa node (mpi porcess)

--
Best Regards,
Alexey 'Alexxy' Shvetsov