[gmx-developers] Fix for 2 small problems in the cmake for gmx 4.5.5

Ake Sandgren ake.sandgren at hpc2n.umu.se
Thu Mar 1 23:19:59 CET 2012

On Thu, 2012-03-01 at 22:13 +0100, Szilárd Páll wrote:
> Btw, ACML: we have a bit of a deprecated support for it and have been
> discussing recently about reviving it. Any idea if it's worth the
> effort, for instance is ACML ever faster than FFTW?

Don't know about ACML vs FFTW, haven't benchmarked them yet.

But the BLAS part of ACML at least up to version 5.1.0 lacks too much
bulldozer support to be really useful. So far i get better results for
real codes using openblas (which totally lacks FMA4/AVX support at the
moment) than using ACML with FMA4/AVX.

The only use I've had for ACML so far is for the HPL benchmark since the
D/S/C/ZGEMM do have FMA4/AVX.