[gmx-developers] Question: Crystal symmetry support?

chris.neale at utoronto.ca chris.neale at utoronto.ca
Fri Mar 9 16:25:33 CET 2012

One interesting crystal symmetry that cannot be simulated (as far as I
know) is P2sub1(-x,y+1/2,-z), which would allow lipids to move out of
one leaflet into the other leaflet across PBC and thus equilibrate
area per lipid across both leaflets without lipid flip-flop in the
conventional sense (
http://lists.gromacs.org/pipermail/gmx-developers/2006-May/001672.html
). It has been implemented in charmm (Dolan, Venable, Pastor, and
Brooks Biophys. J. Vol. 82 May 2002, 2313-2325).