[gmx-developers] memory leaks in addconf.c

Jochen Hub jhub at gwdg.de
Fri May 4 15:21:02 CEST 2012

Hi,

the memory allocated by genbox with option -ci blows up within seconds
to, say, 2 GB or so. Apparently this is due to lots of snew's in the
file addconf.c (functions add_conf(), , that do not have the respective
sfree. A short grep on addconf.c shows that from 17 snew's in the file
only 3 have an sfree. Probably there a few more snew in init_mtop,
init_t_atoms, init_mdatoms, init_nrnb, init_forcerec,
init_neighbor_list, init_neighbor.

I guess this is not the indented behavior? Should I file a bugzilla on
this issue?

Cheers,
Jochen

Dr. Jochen Hub
Computational Molecular Biophysics Group
Institute for Microbiology and Genetics
Georg-August-University of Göttingen
Justus-von-Liebig-Weg 11, 37077 Göttingen, Germany.
Phone: +49-551-39-14189
http://cmb.bio.uni-goettingen.de/