[gmx-developers] Fwd: /usr/lib/libmd.so collision

Mark Abraham Mark.Abraham at anu.edu.au
Wed May 30 14:04:05 CEST 2012

On 30/05/2012 2:51 AM, Christoph Junghans wrote:
> Through my gentoo channel I got the following email.

Before the latest release, installing versions of CMake from source also
had issues with this name clash. I got the CMake people to upgrade their
bootstrap build to do more than detect the existence of libmd, and this
has gone away. However our required CMake version is a whole major
version behind this...

While I'm all for not making major changes shortly before releases, I
don't see a major problem with changing the name now to whatever name we
plan to use in 5.0. Two changes would be foolish, however.