[gmx-developers] Simulation of net-charged systems in gmx

Felipe Pineda, PhD luis.pinedadecastro at lnu.se
Mon Nov 12 12:06:17 CET 2012

Hi,

thanks for the useful comments. I have checked the paper again and it
tuns out that they did test the correction also on a inhomogeneous system:

/To////further illustrate the effects of charge on the Ewald method//
//we have performed similar calculations on two other systems//
//in vacuo: a deprotonated acetate molecule and sperm whale//
//myoglobin protein. Calculations of the electrostatics both//
//with and without the net-charge correction on this protein//
//system tests the validity of correcting the net-charge interactions//
//with a simple point charge calculation on a system//
//much more complex than the three-ion system./

Since the proposed correction seems to be implemented only in CHARMM
version 25 and refined in version 26, and not in Gromacs, it's not
relevant for me from a pragmatical point of view.

Kind regards,

Felipe

--
| Luis Felipe Pineda De Castro, PhD |