[gmx-developers] When will 4.6 kernels be back?

ms devicerandom at gmail.com
Tue Nov 13 14:38:34 CET 2012

On 12/11/12 21:07, Christoph Junghans wrote:

>>> That will work.
>>>

>> Okay, I tried to use that revision, but it fails me with a lot of man-page
>> related errors during build: e.g.
>>
>> ---
>> Building C object src/tools/CMakeFiles/gmxana.dir/gmx_rmsdist.c.o
>> CMake Error: File
>> /home/massimo/gromacs/gromacs-4.6git/gromacs/build-single-5ba7/src/kernel/g_x2top_git4.6.nroff
>> does not exist.
>> CMake Error at
>> /home/massimo/gromacs/gromacs-4.6git/gromacs/cmake/CreateManPage.cmake:6
>> (configure_file):
>>    configure_file Problem configuring file
> If you don't care about the manpages use GMX_BUILD_MANPAGES=OFF.
> We improve the manpage build procedure in a latter revision.

Thanks for your awesome support! It compiles now. However when I try to
run the AdResS test (from the VOTCA tutorials), grompp fails with:

   Ignoring obsolete mdp entry 'andersen_seed'
   Ignoring obsolete mdp entry 'nstcheckpoint'

   NOTE 1 [file grompp.mdp]:
     nstcomm < nstcalcenergy defeats the purpose of nstcalcenergy,
     setting nstcomm to nstcalcenergy

   ERROR 1 [file grompp.mdp]:
     AdResS is currently disabled

does it mean AdResS is disabled in that revision or did I forget some
compilation flag?

thanks!
M.

--