[gmx-developers] cudaStreamSynchronize failed in cu_blockwait_nb

Shirts, Michael (mrs5pt) mrs5pt at eservices.virginia.edu
Mon Oct 22 17:56:51 CEST 2012

>> But it is good practice that when things fail, even silly parameter choices,
>> they fail gracefully, as it does help find OTHER bugs.
> This was supposed to work, not fail and even hang the driver (and the
> fix is submitted).

Right, I was merely mentioning that finding bugs in less-common options is
still a valuable exercise and wanted to commend the people who did it.

> This was supposed to work, not fail and even hang the driver (and the
> fix is submitted).
> I was thinking again about changing cut-off electrostatics from a
> warning to a note,
> as some people still seem to be using it. But I guess there could be
> valid uses of it.

I'd keep it as a warning, not a note.  Any valid use will involve people who
know what they are doing, and thus can think about it and decide they really
do want to ignore the warning.

Best,
Michael Shirts
Assistant Professor