[gmx-developers] g87 support

Mark Abraham mark.j.abraham at gmail.com
Sun Apr 14 22:54:56 CEST 2013

Hi,

While setting up some tests in master branch, I discovered that g87 file
reading has been broken for a long time (before GROMACS 4.5, anyway). That
file format is not what you'd call fully featured, and our reading code
seems to rely on what used to be global variables that only got their
values from g_tool -b -t, some of which got moved around while
thread-safing. Even in 4.5 I can't read a simple trajectory, either
segfaulting or entering an infinite loop.

I propose we withdraw support for g87 for GROMACS 5, rather than bother to
fix it.