[gmx-developers] Short question: Preferred FF for proteins

Grant Rotskoff grant.rotskoff at gmail.com
Mon Aug 12 15:26:26 CEST 2013

Perhaps this thread should be moved to the user list.

Your question very much depends on the problem that you want to study.
While I prefer the Amber99sb-ILDN ff for most simulations, the Charmm
forcefield often has superior support for lipids and carbohydrates,
which can be vital components of a "protein" simulation.

Grant.