[gmx-developers] free energy calculations with restraints

Berk Hess hess at kth.se
Mon Aug 19 10:10:36 CEST 2013

Hi,

I fully understood this point, maybe my reply wasn't well structured.
I was trying to argue that the proper solution would be to implement
inter-molecular restraints, instead of introducing an option which could
me misused. Also merging a ligand topology into your protein topology is
very inconvenient. This problem with the proper solution is, of course,
that someone will need to implement inter-molecular restraints/potentials.

One issue used to be that we corrected molecules for PBC before
calculating bonded interactions. But in 4.6 this is usually not faster
and not used any more. That makes it easier to treat intra- and
inter-molecular interactions the same way at the mdrun level.

Cheers,

Berk