[gmx-developers] Gromacs 5.0-beta1 install fails on windows

Teemu Murtola teemu.murtola at gmail.com
Sun Dec 8 06:39:27 CET 2013

Hi,

On Sat, Dec 7, 2013 at 11:38 PM, Szilárd Páll <pall.szilard at gmail.com>wrote:

> Lesson: we should add the install step to the jenkins builds; added a
> Redmine task for this (http://redmine.gromacs.org/issues/1396).
>
> I suggest that you also add a bug with the brief description you provide.

This is a good idea, but would not have caught this, since this is not an
issue that comes up during installation, but during a build. The symlinks
are currently required in the build tree so that the user (and Jenkins) can
run the regression tests against the build without installing it.
https://gerrit.gromacs.org/#/c/2846/ now removes this, but this is not
going to pass Jenkins until the regression tests and/or the way Jenkins
runs them is updated.

If we would have wanted to catch this in Jenkins, we should do the build
using msbuild/Visual Studio there. Running the regression tests from
CMake/CTest may also be problematic in this directory layout, since
tests/CMakeLists.txt hardcodes the binary location as
${CMAKE_BINARY_DIR}/bin/.

Teemu