[gmx-developers] plans for remaining 5.0 development cycle

Mark Abraham mark.j.abraham at gmail.com
Sat Dec 14 13:29:36 CET 2013

In the long term, I would like to get rid of the current regressiontests
harness, and also store output data more selectively, but that day is not
yet here.

So, please add some regressiontests that you think would help avoid (e.g.)
upstream changes inadvertently breaking your invariants. If they're not
present already, some unit tests would be a good idea - but I'd prioritise
adding them now only in places where the documentation is sparse, or
further work is expected.

I have uploaded the computational electrophysiology patch to gerrit. For
now, I have added
a few basic tests, more can follow next week. New code (in the swap/test
subdirectory) is in C++ but
the classic code from the comp_el_r46 branch still uses the C subset.
Perhaps you could comment
on what you think are the most important issues: e.g., more tests, transfer
of the main module to C++.
I plan to add some regression tests unless it is preferred to do that also
in the framework of google
test.

Best,
  Carsten