[gmx-developers] modify pdb2gmx and/or g_protonate in order to add specific hydrogen name

Landry Charlier landry.charlier at univ-montp1.fr
Mon Feb 4 10:00:45 CET 2013

Thank you for yours answers.

I have already tried the solution of Dr. Abraham. Indeed for POPC I have:
- created a "clone" for POPC. Indeed, if i put the line "3 4 H13 C13 N
C12" in the lipid.hdb file, pdb2gmx will bug by saying that the atom
H131 is not in the residue POPC.
So i have created the residue POPD, a clone of POPC in the lipid.rtp
but with changes for the hydrogen names.
- filled the lipid.hdb for the residue POPD
- done a script with the sed command the change the residue name (POPD
to POPC) and the hydrogen names.

The problem is that I don't only work on POPC, I work on all the
lipids contains in the charmm36. So I have to create a clone and a
script for each lipid. Before doing all these steps, I have written
this mail in order to know if there is an other solution.

I think that the better (but may be not the easier) solution is to
change the code. I will try the trick of Emanuel and if it's not good,
I will do all the clones and scripts.

Landraille