[gmx-developers] Problem with dihedral restraint in gromacs 4.6

Landry Charlier landry.charlier at univ-montp1.fr
Mon Feb 11 11:51:23 CET 2013

May be with an example it will be better. If i would like, to
constraint the dihedral angle of the ILE sidechain to 0°, I will write
in the topol file:
[ dihedral_restraints]
  ;ai       aj       ak       al  funct  phi  dphi
  id_CG2   id_CB   id_CG1   id_CD   1     0     0
with the good id for each atom

In the mdp file, i put the lines
dihre           = yes
dihre_fc        = 2000
dihre_tau       = 0.0

During the grompp command line, I have the message :
Program grompp, VERSION 4.6
Source code file: /usr/local/gromacs-4.6/src/kernel/toppush.c, line: 1914

Fatal error:
Incorrect number of parameters - found 2, expected 3 or 6 for Dih. Rest..

grompp waits a third parameter but the manual p 133 says that only 2
parameters (phi & dphi) are required.

So, how can I put dihedral restraints?

Landraille