[gmx-developers] Question on P-LINCS

risueno at physik.hu-berlin.de risueno at physik.hu-berlin.de
Tue Feb 12 16:07:44 CET 2013

Dear Gromacs developers

Thank you very much for the replies. More concretely, could you explain me
how are exactly the sparsity limitations for constraints on bond angles?
Is it possible to impose constraints on different bond angles sharing an
atom? For example, to impose constraints for all the hydrogen bond angles
of Methylamine. In addition, would it be possible to constrain all bond
angles of heavy atoms?

I guess there is not any implementation of constraints on dihedral angles
(either principal or phase dihedrals). Is this correct? Do you know if any
popular package offers this possibility?

Berk just explained that "Constraints only contribute a small fraction of
the total computational cost". Could you tell me how much is it typically?
I read that it is often about 15% (for serial calculations).

Thank you very much