[gmx-developers] gerrit SSL issue

Roland Schulz roland at utk.edu
Thu Feb 14 10:43:10 CET 2013

Hi,

we got a year ago a free SSL certificate
(http://www.godaddy.com/ssl/ssl-open-source.aspx). This is now
expired. We will need to get a new one. Either a free one (e.g.
https://cert.startcom.org/) or pay for one.

Until we fixed this you can pull/push using ssh or if ssh is blocked
by firewall using "export GIT_SSL_NO_VERIFY=true" (don't put this into
your bashrc so you don't forget to stop using it as soon as we fixed
it).

Roland

On Thu, Feb 14, 2013 at 4:32 AM, Berk Hess <hess at kth.se> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I already noticed my browser was giving security warnings with
> gerrit.gromacs.org.
> But also git pull gives an error:
> error: SSL certificate problem, verify that the CA cert is OK. Details:
> error:14090086:SSL routines:SSL3_GET_SERVER_CERTIFICATE:certificate
> verify failed while accessing https://gerrit.gromacs.org/gromacs/info/refs
> fatal: HTTP request failed
>
> Is something wrong, or is this intended and should I reset the
> certification on my side?
>
> Cheers,
>
> Berk

865-241-1537, ORNL PO BOX 2008 MS6309