[gmx-developers] real in C++

Mark Abraham mark.j.abraham at gmail.com
Mon Feb 25 15:50:07 CET 2013

I'm not aware of a need to change the way we implement this.

Berk and I have mooted the desirability of switching our naming scheme to
"double-" vs "mixed-precision" on the grounds that aspects of the virial
computation have been in double precision for a long time. We may as well
avoid people leaping to the conclusion that "single-precision" GROMACS must
be dodgy because you need double precision for some aspects of the
algorithm.

Mark