[gmx-developers] could somebody fix the regressiontests package?

Roland Schulz roland at utk.edu
Thu Feb 28 01:13:32 CET 2013

On Wed, Feb 27, 2013 at 2:19 PM, Mark Abraham <mark.j.abraham at gmail.com>wrote:

> On Wed, Feb 27, 2013 at 7:53 PM, Szilárd Páll <szilard.pall at cbr.su.se>wrote:

>>>  I'm not sure what the conclusion is to which you might be objecting.
>>> Users have downloaded the tests, which is a good thing. We haven't had a
>>> forest of complaints about it, but we can't know whether that's a good or
>>> bad thing.
>>>

>>  This one: "seems that my assumption that it is mostly useful to people
>> with tar ball not git is mostly true".
>>

>  People with the gromacs 4.6 tarball got the correctly-working
> regressiontests-4.6.tar.gz around 328 times. People with the post-4.6 git
> branch tried to get the broken regressiontests-master.tar.gz many fewer
> times. We don't know how many people with either did no testing. Shrug.

I think it would be very good if we had a download counter for the source
archives. Either by installing one on our server or using a service like
google code to provide the download storage for the source. I would find it
very interesting to see how many downloaded the code.

Roland

865-241-1537, ORNL PO BOX 2008 MS6309