[gmx-developers] src/tests/benchmark sets storage solutions

Christoph Junghans junghans at votca.org
Tue Jan 8 19:35:50 CET 2013

2013/1/7 Roland Schulz <roland at utk.edu>:

> On Mon, Jan 7, 2013 at 6:09 PM, Szilárd Páll <szilard.pall at cbr.su.se> wrote:
>>

>> I am not a big fan of SF exactly because I can't just wget it but have to
>> go to their page and click
Also SF allows you use wget. Example:
$ wget http://sourceforge.net/projects/libmtp/files/libmtp/1.1.5/libmtp-1.1.5.tar.gz/download
works just fine.

> Google code doesn't have that problem. So that might be the best option. If
> we want to try that we need to decide that quickly so we can request an
> increased size limit. I don't know how long it takes them to grant it.
Google guys are pretty good about those things, write a short email
and hours later stuff is approved.

I still prefer the gibhub tag solution as we don't need to do anything
except tagging certain version. We could just create a git repository
with binary benchmark programs and purge it whenever it gets too big
with a git force push.

Christoph

> Roland
>

>> All in all, I still favor torrent as the encouraged means of downloading +
>> our own file server with capped uplink protection (which will make the
>> torrent in just a few days if not hours have tons of seeders and Mbytes/s
>> downloads speed.
>>
>> --
>> Szilárd
>>

>>> Roland

>>> --
>>> ORNL/UT Center for Molecular Biophysics cmb.ornl.gov
>>> 865-241-1537, ORNL PO BOX 2008 MS6309
>>>
>>> --
>>> www interface or send it to gmx-developers-request at gromacs.org.
>>

> --
> ORNL/UT Center for Molecular Biophysics cmb.ornl.gov
> 865-241-1537, ORNL PO BOX 2008 MS6309

Christoph Junghans
Web: http://www.compphys.de