[gmx-developers] Reminder about US GROMACS workshop + soliciting presenters for talks and tutorials

Shirts, Michael (mrs5pt) mrs5pt at eservices.virginia.edu
Tue Jul 9 07:00:53 CEST 2013

First, I'd like to remind you all about the 2013 GROMACS USA Workshop and
Conference at the University of Virginia Sept 13th-15th.  There are still
registration slots available. The original invitation, with link to the
website, is at the end of this email.

Additionally, we still have a few slots open for contributed 20 min talks,
and would like to invite you to apply to present your GROMACS-related
research. Email gromacsworkshop-registration at virginia.edu if you wish to
submit a talk for consideration; see the preliminary schedule on the
conference webpage for more information on the design of the talks.

We also want to give a opportunity to advanced users who may be interested
in either presenting specific tutorial subjects at the workshop or
alternatively having an online tutorial hosted in the GROMACS website.  See
the list of tutorial topics on the workshop schedule, or propose your own.
We want to try to leverage the energy and experience of the GROMACS
community to enrich the tutorial experience, rather than have the same
people up there the whole weekend!

Sincerely,
The 2013 GROMACS USA Workshop and Conference Steering Committee
Michael Shirts (chair)
Angel Garcia
Berk Hess
Yu-Shan Lin
Erik Lindahl
Peter Kasson

Original announcement:
We are pleased to announce the 2013 GROMACS USA Workshop and Conference at
the University of Virginia in Charlottesville, Virginia, on September
13-15th. This will be the first full GROMACS workshop held here in the U.S.

The workshop and conference will consist of two days of tutorials,
discussions of future plans for GROMACS, face time with a large percentage
of the developers, plenary software and application sessions, and a last day
of development planning to which attendees are also invited to help
influence the future directions of GROMACS.

Please visit http://faculty.virginia.edu/gromacsworkshop for registration
and for much more information about the program.

For specific questions about registering or logistics after visiting the
website, please write to gromacsworkshop-registration at virginia.edu.