[gmx-developers] 4.6.1 is out

Mark Abraham mark.j.abraham at gmail.com
Tue Mar 5 21:00:39 CET 2013

Hi developers,

4.6.1 is now out. I'd like to give a particular thanks to all who helped
review the patches.

In future, we will use a different process for patch releases. I will
announce a date about a week in the future. I will prepare a single
administrative patch pertaining only to the needs of making that release
functional. I'll upload it for review in the usual way. Once time is up,
and if there are no known critical bugs, that admin patch will go on the
current head and get merged and tagged. There will be no other sort of
"blocking" patches - targets on Redmine are not binding. Then I will do the
admin of actually building release files and normal life in gerrit can go
on. This is the only way we can have regular patch releases based on
volunteer code review, and keep your release manager sane. :-)