[gmx-developers] TPR parsing

francesco oteri francesco.oteri at gmail.com
Thu Mar 7 13:47:31 CET 2013

Hi gunther,
as far as I know there is no library to parse tpr because it changes in
nearly all the
versions. In any case you can use the functions in include/tpxio.h.
Alternatively, and depending upon the programming language you are going
top use, I suggest you to parse the output of gmxdump.
You can open I pipe directly inside your program (C,C++ and Python have
this functionality) in order to make the interaction between the
parser and gmxdump user-transparent!

Francesco

2013/3/7 Gunther Lukat <g.lukat at gmx.net>

> Hello developers.
>
> I am interested in accessing the binary .tpr files.
>
> Is there a library like the xdr lib to read those .tpr files?
>

> Greetings
>
> Dipl.-Inf. Gunther Lukat
> www.aplvoro.org

Cordiali saluti, Dr.Oteri Francesco