[gmx-developers] improving verification votes in gerrit

Szilárd Páll szilard.pall at cbr.su.se
Fri Mar 8 14:01:21 CET 2013

Hi,

I suggest that we allow and encourage code verification/testing by
users/developers to complement the Jenkins verification.

Why?
- there is only +1 verify, no +2
- hence regular registered users can't vote for verify;
- we should be able to distinguish between the Jenkins verification and
user verification (=testing), but allow submission only with +2 Verify or
more;

I suggest:
- allowing any developer to give +1 verified;
- bumping the Jenkins verification to +2;
- requiring Verified +2 for submit;
- allowing core-dev to give +2? (Not sure about this, it would only be
useful to override the failed jenkins verification).

Let me know what you all think!

Szilárd