[gmx-developers] New analysis framework: trying to code a new tool

Teemu Murtola teemu.murtola at gmail.com
Fri Mar 29 06:19:57 CET 2013

Hi,

You don't need to do any of this manually. You can use
AnalysisDataPlotModule to create the output, which will write the
output on-the-fly, without extra memory requirements. Similarly, you can
compute the average and std.dev. using an AnalysisDataAverage module
without coding any of that explicitly. Both of these also make them work with
the future plans for parallelization without any changes. Can't say much
more without seeing the rest of the code, but hopefully this helps.

Best regards,
Teemu

--
Teemu Murtola