[gmx-developers] Re: Coulomb decoupling?

David Mobley dmobley at gmail.com
Thu May 2 21:44:40 CEST 2013

Right, what I'm asking about is
A) how exactly is this end result achieved? (The system is periodic, so how
is the periodicity removed for the end state?)
B) how was it validated that it is working as it should be?
C) when you say, "without cutoffs", is this referring to just Coulomb
cutoffs or also LJ? I'm assuming just coulomb. If so, then there are
internal LJ interactions in the gas phase which are missing outside the LJ
cutoff (assuming the molecule is larger than the cutoff). While these are
also missing in solution, they are generally captured well by the
dispersion correction. In vacuum that is not the case, so neglect of these
could adversely affect solvation estimates, it seems to me. Has this been
tested? How?
D) how will the use of decoupling affect dispersion corrections to the
energy and pressure? (Will the dispersion corrections still give the
correct free energy contribution in decoupling?) how has this been tested,
if at all?

Thanks!

--
Sent from my mobile device. Please pardon any unusual brevity or typos.