[gmx-developers] cmake goes into eternal loop

David van der Spoel spoel at xray.bmc.uu.se
Thu May 9 15:44:37 CEST 2013

Hi,

I'm trying to compile the master branch using clang and having the
following problem:

% setenv CC ~/bin/checker-274/bin/clang
% setenv CXX ~/bin/checker-274/bin/clang++
% cmake -DGMX_CPU_ACCELERATION=None -DGMX_GPU=OFF
-DCMAKE_CXX_COMPILER=$CXX -DCMAKE_C_COMPILER=$CC -DGMX_OPENMP=OFF -i ..

Would you like to see advanced options? [No]:
Please wait while cmake processes CMakeLists.txt files....

You have changed variables that require your cache to be deleted.
Configure will be re-run and you may have to reset some variables.
The following variables have changed:
CMAKE_C_COMPILER= /Users/spoel/bin/checker-274/bin/clang
CMAKE_CXX_COMPILER= /Users/spoel/bin/checker-274/bin/clang++

CMake Warning at CMakeLists.txt:237 (message):
   The compiler you are using does not support OpenMP parallelism.  This
might hurt your performance a lot, in particular with GPUs.  Try using a
more recent version, or a different compiler.  For now, we are
proceeding by turning off OpenMP.

And these last two text blocks repeat until I Ctrl-C it.

Any clue?
Note that I turn off OpenMP manually but that doesn't seem to be registered.

Box 596, 75124 Uppsala, Sweden. Phone:	+46184714205.