[gmx-developers] options file handling in master

Teemu Murtola teemu.murtola at gmail.com
Fri Nov 8 16:25:04 CET 2013

Feel free to add types you need; that should be trivial. The current list
simply includes those currently used; there is no other reason for leaving
things out.

The original reason for the different enumeration was that the code in
filenm.* was not reusable enough. That is no longer the case, but the
separate enumeration still makes sense to provide understandable names for
the file types. The types of file options may not always coincide 1-to-1 to
actual file types (the existing ef??X types are one example), and this
additional enumeration provides this abstraction.