[gmx-developers] libxml2

Mirco Wahab mirco.wahab at chemie.tu-freiberg.de
Sun Nov 10 21:08:30 CET 2013

On 10.11.2013 20:51, David van der Spoel wrote:
> we have decided a long time ago that for 5.0 libxml2 would be required.
> If there is any reason why we should remain to be able to compile
> gromacs WITHOUT libxml2, please speak up now.
>
> If no good arguments will be brought forward then I will change the main
> CMakeList.txt such that gromacs will not compile without it.

Another reason would be the windows build ability. Some time ago,
I took the path to build libxml64 from sources on Visual Studio,
this turned out to take some trial&error steps.

Sometimes, friendly people publish built binaries at some
point (like here: ftp://ftp.zlatkovic.com/libxml/64bit/) but
I think one cannot say in advance which binaries would work
with which build and/or compiler version and how long these
locations are maintained.

Regards,

M.