[gmx-developers] libxml2

Mark Abraham mark.j.abraham at gmail.com
Mon Nov 18 16:23:43 CET 2013

Looks like a good start! Thanks.

I'm not sure whether <gromacs xmlns:gmx="http://www.gromacs.org/schemas">
should name a schema file, or a place to look up a schema file. Does anyone
know? In the past I have seem XML files with namespace-specific content like

  <gmx:sfactors type="Fourier" force_field="any" displaced_solvent="true"
reference="">
    <gmx:sfactor residue="ALA" atom="MW" type="1">

which I'm sure we'd like to avoid. Does David's suggestion achieve that?
Presumably we'd want something like xmllint to be able to validate against
the schema named in the XML file. Are we able to organize such a schema for
sfactor? I've never written one.

Mark