[gmx-developers] Hacking domain decomposition for long range bonded terms.

XAvier Periole x.periole at rug.nl
Tue Nov 19 09:08:58 CET 2013

Hi Berk,

Thank you for your comments.

I looked at the -ddbondcomm (in gmx4.6.1). It is a hidden option and turned on by default.

- Adding this option explicitly to my command line did not affect the complain concerning the minimum box size needing to be ~15 nm.
- adding explicitly -dd 2 2 2 (as you email seemed to suggest) did remove the complain but then we get to the same point as when hacking the code which was a complain for missing the long range bonded interactions.
- adding -rdd 17.0 did not help, then of course the box size force by -dd 2 2 2 is smaller than the minimum allowed (17.0 nm).

I am not sure if I am missing something here?

Thanks again,
XAvier.