[gmx-developers] Introduction and a quick question

Tharrington, Arnold N. arnoldt at ornl.gov
Mon Nov 25 20:29:54 CET 2013

Hi all,

I'm new to the GROMACS community. I work at Oak Ridge National Laboratory for NCCS where our flagship machine is Titan. We have several users that use GROMACS as their primary MD code. One in particularly is Roland Schultz - one of your developers.  I would like to become involved with the GROMACS community in order to provide better support on Titan.

In addition, I see where Szilard Pall has fixed for Bug #1385 "http://redmine.gromacs.org/issues/1385" . The geritt webpage says the changes have been merged. I tried to download the changes with the following command "git fetch https://gerrit.gromacs.org/gromacs refs/changes/80/2780/3 && git checkout FETCH_HEAD". However I get then following error message:

fatal: Not a git repository (or any parent up to mount point /autofs/na4_home2)
Stopping at filesystem boundary (GIT_DISCOVERY_ACROSS_FILESYSTEM not set).

I'm doing something wrong. Do I have to check out the branch release-4-6 to get these changes?

---------
# Arnold Tharrington, Ph.D.
# Oak Ridge National Laboratory
# National Center of Computational Sciences - Scientific Computing Group
#
# One Bethel Valley Road
# PO Box 2008 Mail Stop 6008
# Oak Ridge, TN 37831-6008 #