[gmx-developers] How to utilize the index file in code? GROMACS 4.6.3

Mark Abraham mark.j.abraham at gmail.com
Tue Nov 26 18:39:39 CET 2013

grompp accepts the index file and does all of the checking - mdrun just
gets a vector of 0 or 1 in the .tpr file according to which atom is in
which type of group. You should not need to get involved there, though,
because the .mdp options user1-grps and user2-grps are intended to suit
what your purpose sounds like. grep for User1 and cU1 to see how to get at
the resulting data structures.

Mark