[gmx-developers] automatic xml to C++ conversion

Mark Abraham mark.j.abraham at gmail.com
Tue Nov 26 22:01:13 CET 2013

Sounds worthwhile to me. One of the advantages of Google's protocol buffers
(which I suggested a while back as a possible .mdp/.tpr replacement) is
that such glue code could be generated. Only needing to write code in "the
language of the schema" sounds like a big drawcard.

Side point to previous discussions - schemas make it possible for tools to
help you write the XML if you're unfortunate enough to have to do so.

Mark