[gmx-developers] pull code generalization feedback request

Berk Hess hess at kth.se
Tue Oct 22 10:20:12 CEST 2013

Hi,

Such options would be nice, but this would lead to replication of a
large part of the bonded code in the pull code (and a crazy amount of
mdp options). If you are use umbrella potentials, all this can probably
be achieved with virtual sites and the normal bonded code.

As for parallelization, with domain decomposition this should still work
up to moderate parallelization when you use mdrun -rdd. In 5.0 we will
have shifted LJ in the verlet cut-off scheme and then you can run pure
OpenMP parallelization, where everything will work, or hybrid MPI+OpenMP
so you can use far fewer domains.

Cheers,

Berk