[gmx-developers] plans for GROMACS 5.0 beta December 1

Florian Dommert dommert at icp.uni-stuttgart.de
Sat Sep 28 11:10:42 CEST 2013

Hi,

 just a question regarding update of tools. I sent you quite a time ago, an
improved version of g_pme_error, which is much fast than the current one, is
able to tune the splitting parameter and grid spacing, and is completely
based on an analytical calculation. This means that the MC approach to
estimate the self-error is not required anymore. The results are contained
in my PhD thesis which is available from:
http://elib.uni-stuttgart.de/opus/volltexte/2013/8179/pdf/Dissertation_Flori
an_Dommert.pdf

The corresponding part starts on p.50ff

The error estimate is working for the SPME and PPPM-AD. The code is neither
present in the master branch nor in the 4.6 branch, but I realized that
gmx_pme_error is already slightly converted to C++ code, which means only
the type casting has been changed.
Are there any plans to include this new version?

/Flo