[gmx-developers] gromacs memory footprint

Berk Hess hess at kth.se
Fri Aug 8 10:08:35 CEST 2014

Hi,

I think that old estimate of mine still shouldn't be too far off.
Why do you want to know this? Gromacs needs very little memory, in
practice you will never run into memory limits. We are more interested
in when things fit into L1/2/3 cache, but for that the full memory
footprint is not relevant.

Cheers,

Berk