[gmx-developers] Help needed with tng_io library

Magnus Lundborg magnus.lundborg at scilifelab.se
Tue Aug 12 10:17:12 CEST 2014

Hi Semen,

There are currently no bullet-proof way of counting the number of frames
containing a specific type of data, but I'm working on adding that now.
To get the positions I would say that the easiest way is to call
tng_util_particle_data_next_frame_read() in a loop. That way you will
read until you find the next frame containing data of the requested type
(e.g. positions). When there is no more data you should get a TNG_FAILURE.

The bug #2 is the same as I mentioned as being fixed below, i.e. the
same bug that made VMD read forever. That should be fixed in the TNG
repository, otherwise I'll have to check what's wrong. I haven't checked
what's going on with problem #3 yet. I'll see when I have time to look
into that. Hopefully you can at least get further now. Otherwise just
ask me for more assistance and I can hopefully point you in the right
direction.

Cheers,

Magnus