[gmx-developers] Regarding commit Implementation of WAXS/SAXS refinement in MD!

Anjaiah Nalaparaju anjai.che at gmail.com
Mon Aug 25 11:56:59 CEST 2014

Hello,

1. In the previous code to compute structure factors (sfactor.c) there is a
loop
/*
 * The big loop...
 * compute real and imaginary part of the structure factor for every
 * (kx,ky,kz))
 */
/*
 *  compute the square modulus of the structure factor, averaging on the
surface
 *  kx*kx + ky*ky + kz*kz = krr*krr
 *  note that this is correct only for a (on the macroscopic scale)
 *  isotropic system.
 */
This loop is no more in the new code "scattering_factors.cpp". May I know
why this loop is used in the previous code. Is this to introduce
orientational averaging?

2. I think sfactor.xml (input file for gmx waxsdebye) is still in the
development stage?

Thanks in advance.