[gmx-developers] cmake and GMX_BUILD_OWN_FFTW=ON problem

Carsten Kutzner ckutzne at gwdg.de
Mon Feb 3 14:26:46 CET 2014

Hi,

On a freshly checked out master with

cmake .. -DGMX_BUILD_OWN_FFTW=ON

I get in the make step:

[  0%] Creating directories for 'fftwBuild'
[  0%] Performing download step (verify and extract) for 'fftwBuild'
-- verifying file...
      file='http:/www.fftw.org/fftw-3.3.3.tar.gz'
-- verifying file... warning: did not verify file - no URL_MD5 checksum
argument? corrupt file?
-- extracting...
src='/home/ckutzne/junoworkspace/git-gromacs-vanilla/bt/src/contrib/fftw/fftwBuild-prefix/src/http:/www.fftw.org/fftw-3.3.3.tar.gz'
dst='/home/ckutzne/junoworkspace/git-gromacs-vanilla/bt/src/contrib/fftw/fftwBuild-prefix/src/fftwBuild'
CMake Error at fftwBuild-stamp/extract-fftwBuild.cmake:11 (message):
   error: file to extract does not exist:
'/home/ckutzne/junoworkspace/git-gromacs-vanilla/bt/src/contrib/fftw/fftwBuild-prefix/src/http:/www.fftw.org/fftw-3.3.3.tar.gz'

So there are two issues here:
1.) cmake eats up one slash in the URL (which is correct in the
CMakeLists.txt file), probably because it thinks it is a path
2.) the (wrong) URL identifier string ends up in the source string from
where to extract the fftw archive.

The second problem maybe vanishes if the first one is solved.
I think the problem was introduced with commit

fb1349fd1de3e39d3905c9903a09e7ac2c36aa4b
cmake: added FFTW_URL to allow easy offline build

Is anyone else also having this problem? Or is it just my cmake version,
(2.8.8)?

Best,
   Carsten