[gmx-developers] bonding problem in simulating multiple objects in the same box

Justin Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Tue Feb 4 19:36:51 CET 2014

This is not an appropriate question for the development list; please post to
gmx-users.

You got a reply to this same question already:

https://mailman-1.sys.kth.se/pipermail/gromacs.org_gmx-users/2014-February/087017.html

If there are further questions based on that response, please post those rather
than posting the same thing multiple times.

-Justin

On 2/4/14, 1:29 PM, ibrahim khalil wrote:
> hi, i am new to gromacs. i was trying simulate multiple (eg. 3 or 4 ) carbon
> nanotubes in a single box. The way I am trying to do is …
>
> 1. Take both pdb files, merge them(using pymol) according to my orientation
> and create a single pdb file for the whole structure.
> 2. Generate the gro and hence the topology file using the forecfield I used
> to simulate a single cnt.
> 3. Run the mdrun program.
>
> I was wondering if there is anything wrong with this procedure.
>
> (I saw the posts for simulating multiple proteins in a single box and found
> it suggests simulating different proteins separately and then creating their
> topology files, converting them into .itp and then running the simulation)
>
> Also I am having some problems with the bonds. Whenever the CNTs are a
> little bit close[not too close to create a bond in between them], some
> unwanted bonds between two CNTs are created.
>
> it would be very nice if anyone could help me solve this problem.
>
> Thanks for your time.

Postdoctoral Fellow

Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences
School of Pharmacy