[gmx-developers] Mixed license post 5.0

David van der Spoel spoel at xray.bmc.uu.se
Fri Feb 7 10:57:50 CET 2014

On 2014-02-07 10:30, Erik Lindahl wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Just don’t do all the work first, because I don’t think a patch that introduced a large GPLv2-only component would have any chance of getting accepted.

Code is already there, I can decide about the license, and can make it
LGPL if I wish, it is the other libraries I can not control. Again,
let's wait for the patch and then discuss.

> Gradually I hope we’ll have a much cleaner API interface, but when that happens we should also prevent all programs (including our own) from directly using low-level undocumented internal library functions.

This is exactly why my code will have to stay in gromacs or I would have
to fork gromacs.

https://gerrit.gromacs.org/#/c/3115/