[gmx-developers] Umbrella code extension

Berk Hess hess at kth.se
Wed Feb 12 15:08:26 CET 2014

Hi,

This indeed looks like a flat-bottomed restraint potential. I had
proposed that addition to the pull code for 5.0 in a request for
feedback, which I also posted to the developers list. But since I didn't
receive any response on this point I didn't implement it. Also because a
general flat bottomed potential needs an extra (distance) parameter. It
seems like your potential would not need an extra parameter (it should
equal a flat bottomed potential with lower limit 0). Since it's too late
for 5.0, I would propose to implement the flat bottomed potential for 5.1.

Cheers,

Berk