[gmx-developers] Time Dependent Electric field

ryo kawakita ryokawakitajp at gmail.com
Sun Jan 12 14:35:13 CET 2014

thanks for your reply. i checked the equation (1) in the paper "Picosecond
Melting of Ice by an Infrared Laser Pulse:
A Simulation Study" and the equation has the initial time delay of t0 which
i wish to specify in the ,mdp file. in my simulation, i am trying to use an
electric field with

f= 1e15 Hz
t0= .25 ps

thats why i put the parameters E_xt 1 6.2842 (some number)
the first 2 numbers create a perfect cosine wave with f=1e15 but i cannot
find any suitable input to change the phase parameter t0. i varied the
(some number) from .00000000000000005 to 50 each time increasing by a
factor of 10 but the phase did not change at all.

again thanks for your time.