[gmx-developers] new gerrit

Szilárd Páll pall.szilard at gmail.com
Mon Jan 20 17:55:06 CET 2014

Nice indeed, I see quite a bit of performance improvement - especially
with large change-sets!

However, FYI I also (still) notice occasional lag on the interface,
e.g. when switching to the next file in a large change like 2704,
which tends to correlate with spikes on the server CPU usage, but I'm
not sure that the source of latency is indeed the CPU-bound nature of
some gerrit server operations.

Is it possible to make the interface a bit more compact, in particular:
- the in-source comment blocks take a lot of vertical space and
- the new-old change view - in collapsed mode every comment takes
about 2x more vertical space (I know the new view is more compact, but
I switched back from it for now because the new layout was rather
confusing).

Szilárd