[gmx-developers] [RFC] rpm SPEC files in source tree

Szilárd Páll pall.szilard at gmail.com
Mon Jan 20 19:38:13 CET 2014

Hi,

Change #3000 [1] proposes dropping the RPM SPEC files from the GROMACS
source tree [2,3]. The current version is outdated and has not been
changed since v4.5 so it should get updated ASAP or it will be
removed.

RFC/Questions:

- Are there people using these SPEC files? Do we want them under
admin/? They should be useful not only for Fedora, but e.g. if a lab
or computing facility builds RPM-s for their machines, but we need
them maintained.

- Is there anyone willing to pitch in with up-to-date SPEC files? I
think this is a good opportunity for package maintainers to take 5.0
for a spin and provide feedback early so we can fix issues they find.

[1] https://gerrit.gromacs.org/#/c/3000
[2] http://redmine.gromacs.org/projects/gromacs/repository/changes/admin/gromacs.spec?rev=master
[3] http://redmine.gromacs.org/projects/gromacs/repository/changes/admin/gromacs-mpi.spec?rev=master

Szilárd